We are back to beauty this week with DRY SHAMPOO!
As a woman I am prone to not being able to choose just one. So this week I am reviewing my two favorites one of them is a recent accidental find & the other I've had a long, wonderful relationship with & it has never let me down.
So lets begin!
Detox Dry Shampoo from Drybar
This was an accidental find for me. I bought the Glitz & Glam bag from Sephora & this just happened to be one of the goodies in it. So of course I'm going to try it & I loved it! It is the number 1 dry shampoo I have found. (Unfortunately moving our next one from the number one spot to runner up.)
It doesn't come out too chalky, adds the perfect amount of texture & volume without mattifying your hair color.
You can find the full size Detox Dry Shampoo at any Drybar location. If you don't have one near you (like we don't here in Hampton Roads) then you can find the travel size or full size at any Sephora or online! This Product runs in the $20 range per bottle.
I give it a 10!
Paul Mitchell Dry Wash
This dry Shampoo is also fiercely amazing. The only downside to this dry shampoo is that I feel like after using a dry shampoo my roots shouldn't still look shiny.... Which they usually do after using this. Other than that, this one is just as great as the other! You can find Paul Mitchell Dry Wash at any Paul Mitchell Focus Salon or online! This product runs between 15 & 20 dollars a bottle.
My review of Paul Mitchell Dry Wash on a scale of 1-10
I give it a 9!
Now enjoy these 7 surprising ways to use your dry shampoo!
- Dry Shampoo helps boost volume. Use it on your roots as intended then, flip your head upside down and spray all over to help boost all around volume.
- Dry Shampoo helps lock in backcombing (teasing). When creating an up style or a volumous style, spray some dry shampoo on the section before back combing, it adds texture and volume & helps keep the back comb in place.
- Dry Shampoo helps keep bobby pins in place. Spray down your bobby pins before applying to your up style to keep them in place.
- Dry Shampoo is your fringes new best friend. Did you go for some fierce bangs this fall? Spray the dry shampoo underneath your bangs to keep them from sticking to the oil on your forehead. It also keeps your bangs together nicely. You don't have to spray all over your bangs, just underneath.
- Dry Shampoo helps suck up excess product. Did you use too much argon oil or Super Skinny Serum? Spray your hair all over along with your roots to suck up some of that excess product.
- Dry Shampoo can help blondes conceal their roots. Blondes, go for a powder dry shampoo, this will help conceal your dark roots until your next color appointment.
- Dry Shampoo can reverse your look. If you went for a slicked back, straight look yesterday & want a more tousled, windblown look today. Spray your hair down with some dry shampoo. It does exactly what #5 says & sucks up some of the shine & oil from yesterdays products.